|Hurricane Katrina destroyed the Pearlington,|
Mississippi home to which this dock attached.
- drought, wildfires, and hurricanes,
- organizational learning in hazard mitigation,
- risk communication,
- the Internet and mobile Internet as hazards mitigation tools, and
- renewable energy.
- Kelman, Ilan and Lawson, Carlie L. 2008. "Extreme event warning systems as social processes".
- Lawson, Carlie L. and I. Kelman. 2008. "Slow Migration Due to Environmental Contamination: The Making of an Oklahoma Ghost Town".
- Lawson, Carlie L., Baze, Lucas, Meo, Mark. 2007. "Emerging Energy Technology Survey: Oklahoma State Agency Interests". University of Oklahoma.
- Lawson, Carlie L. 2007. "The Potential of Internet Technologies in Hazards Mitigation: The Oklahoma Fire Danger Model as an Online Nowcast/Forecast Tool."
- Lawson, Carlie, L., Meo, Mark. 2006. "The Fire Danger Model and the Mesonet - the Underutilized Benefit of IT Software in Oklahoma's Drought Planning and Management."
- Lawson, Carlie, L., Jabbar, Afsaneh. 2006. "The Effects of Climate Change on Water Resources Planning: The City of Shawnee Perspective".
- Jabbar, Afsaneh, Lawson, Carlie, L. 2006. "Planning for Drought in a Changing Climate: Directions in Planning and Management Techniques."